Thursday, April 25, 2013

Spring Clean Fuel


Feeling the joy and freshness brought by the spring time sunshine here in New England this week has me inspired to fuel my body and soul. I can't even believe all that I accomplished today and I credit it to my fueling food and natural Vitamin D burst. I woke early and had a huge glass of lemon water and calmed my body and soul with some simple yoga stretching. After that, I brought my new RawkStarz mobile to my mechanic and walked the 2.5 miles back home. Once home I made 60 ounces of:

Fuel Up Green Juice:
4 Cucumber
1 Head Romain
1 Bunch Mint
1 Bunch Parsley

1 Bunch Celery
3 Apples
2 LemonsFlying high on green juice, I went outside and cleaned our hen house (yes, we have vegan hen pets and don't eat eggs). The coop hadn't had a thorough cleaning since last fall and the job was tough. Outside I enjoyed watching our hens strut and peck in the sun while I tidied up the yard.
Back inside I made a huge bowl of:
 Refresh Spring Salad:
2 Heads of Romain, chopped
1 Carrot,sliced into matchsticks
1 Apple, diced
1/4 cup Goji Berries, soaked at least one hour
2 Stalks Celery, chopped
2 Tablespoons Sunflower Seeds
Simple Citrus Dressing
Juice of 1 Orange
Juice of 1 Lime
1 Tablespoon Maple

I enjoyed my refreshing lunch out in the warm sun watching my girls playing in the yard. Invigorated by my big salad, I went in and opened all the windows and did some deep spring cleaning. I poured my love and energy into cleansing and creating a refreshed space for my family. Even after several hours of house cleaning my energy revved high.
 In the evening I went out and watched my daughter's horse ridding lesson, soaking up some more sun. Back at home the girls and I threw together a delicious and nourishing macro meal with our limited pantry (I really need to grocery shop).
Quick Broccoli Saute with Tahini Sauce
1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
1 Clove Garlic, chopped
1/2 Small Onion, chopped
1" Ginger, peeled and chopped
1 Carrot, sliced into matchsticks
2 Heads Broccoli, cut off stalk
1/4 Cup Water
1 Tablespoon Umbeshi Plum Paste
1 Tablespoon Tahini

In a large fry pan heat the oil. Add the garlic, onion and ginger. Saute on medium for two minuets. Add the carrots and broccoli and saute for 6-8 minuets. Blend the water, plum paste and tahini. Pour this over the veggies in the fry pan and turn off the heat. Mix in the sauce and cover to steam finish.

We serverd the Broccoli with brown rice, kimchi and baked tofu.
This meal was so calming and warming after a high powered day.


2 comments:

  1. Do you sell your vegan eggs?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we give them away to neighbors and friends :)
      I do sometimes accept barter, but profiting from them just doesn't feel compassionate for me. Your welcome to come by and have some!

      Delete