Tuesday, April 24, 2012

30 Day Challenge Day 11 Kickin' It Up

I'm feeling much gratitude for sunshine today. After a few cloudy rainy days, today was cool but superbly sunny. I spent many hours this morning working in my garden and cleaning out my chicken coop. I know how ironic it is that our vegan family has hens, but they are lovely pets. We love their silly antics plus they eat bugs including ticks out of the yard. We gladly give the eggs away to friends and neighbors. I drank plenty of lemon water all morning while working outside, but never felt hungry until my hard work was done in the afternoon. Then I made a juice, and later in the evening a smoothie. I feel quite well and highly energized tonight! Somehow I also got in a 2 mile run and an hour of yoga. The super raw girl has arrived!

Day 11 Juice:
 
Kick It Up
5 Stalks Celery
5 Carrots
2" Piece of Ginger
1 Lemon Peeled
1" Fresh Turmeric (or 1 tsp. powdered)
2 Green Apples
Beet Greens from about 3 Beets
Dash of Cayenne

This spicy juice kicks up digestion and adds warming energy.
Ginger and it's cousin Turmeric are helpful to increase the activity of digestive enzymes and stimulate bile flow. Cayenne stimulates blood flow allowing for oxygen to and nutrients to reach cells and heal and beautify skin. New science shows that this cool pepper resets your metabolism to work at a higher temperature causing your body to burn more calories in the hours after eating it.

Day 11 Smoothie:

Dreamy Green
Water from 1 Young Coconut
1 Bunch Mustard Greens
1 Orange Peeled
1 Pear Seeds Removed
3 Dates Pits Removed
2 Tbl. Raw Golden Flax Seeds
1 Tbl. Chia Seeds
1 tsp. Freshly Ground Nutmeg


No comments:

Post a Comment