Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 4 of The 30-Day Challenge

Today I enjoyed more unseasonably beautiful weather for the northeast. I began my day sitting my dock watching turtles swim, sipping 30oz. of lemon water and soaking up the morning sun. After some work in my greens garden I had 24oz. of juice.

Day 4 Morning Juice
1 Bunch of Kale
2 Large Beets
2 Apples
3" Piece of Ginger
1 Lemon Peeled

There's a funny cleansing phenomenon that while you cleanse your insides you began to feel a need to clean and de-clutter on the outside. I longed to spend this whole beautiful day outdoors, but couldn't resist the urge to clean my house. I scrubbed the bathrooms, baseboards, cupboards, and even got some e-mails and errands done that had been weighing on my mind. The actual process of the cleaning and organizing was enjoyable and left me feeling very accomplished

I regret to say that along with all of this joy and accomplishment today, there was one unpropitious action. The toughest thing for me is that I still need to make my partner and two children an evening meal. I make our usual vegan-macro. fare along with a salad or a vegetable based raw dish for me. Tonight my youngest daughter asked me to make sweet potatoes. They are one of my favorite foods and I have not found a way to make them taste very good raw. I sliced and slow roasted the sweet potatoes in a bit of coconut oil. I told everyone at dinner that they must eat them all because they looked so good to me. Well after I had eaten my beautiful kale salad and was cleaning up the kitchen I noticed that two slices were left in the pan and...I ate them! Of all things to "cheat" on two slices of roasted sweet potato are not so bad. I went for a run and pushed extra hard because of it this evening. Now, I'll just pick up and start fresh tomorrow, my confidence undamaged!


Day 4 Dinner:
Apple Ginger Kale Salad
One Bunch Kale stems removed and sliced into bite sized pieces
2 Tbl. ACV
1 Tsp. Sea Salt
1" Ginger, Grated
1 Apple, Chopped
1/4 C Gogi Berries
1 Tbl. Chia Seeds

Add the ACV and Sea Salt to Kale in a bowl. Massage the Kale for a few minutes. This will make the leaves tender and darker in color. Add in the rest of the ingredients, toss, and enjoy!



I drink my water out of a 32oz. glass mason jar. I've come up with a good way to keep track of how many oz. I am drinking. Each time I re-fill the jar I add a rubber band to the outside. This way at the end of the day I can count the bands and add up the ounces. 160oz. today!

No comments:

Post a Comment