Thursday, April 19, 2012

30-Day Challenge Day 6 My Love Affair With Pumpkin Seeds

Pumpkin Seeds are amazing little super gems! These seeds are an excellent source of zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, and essential fatty acids. Maybe my body was in need of magnesium or maybe zinc from all this time I've spent in the sun this week. Whatever the reason, I had been craving them and it's so important to listen to your body. Yesterday I sprinkled a handful of the seeds on my salad. They tasted so good to me that I found myself picking them off of the salad that I brought to share with my friends to eat all myself! Last night while lying in bed I was fantasizing about those little seeds! When I woke this morning one of the first things that I did was set a cup of pumpkin seeds to soak. Soaking seeds is so important to remove their enzyme inhibitors. I enjoyed my morning water and juice all the while planning the magical pumpkin seed rendezvous I'd have later in the day.


Day 6 Juice
3 Carrots
1 Bunch Kale
1 Apple
2 Oranges
A Few Springs Parsley

My pumpkin seed smoothie dreaming led me to another affair I had in the past with the Cinnamon Roll Smoothie. I was missing and longing for him, but he's so full of nuts and I'm avoiding them on this challenge! Plus, I practically had nothing on hand except for cinnamon to make something like this. Here's a video of the Cinnamon Roll Smoothie, enjoy one for me!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb6xQNEeES8


My Day 6 Apple Blueberry Cinnamon Roll Smoothie
1 C Soaked Pumpkin Seeds
3 C Pure Water
1 Apple Chopped
1 C Frozen Wild Blueberries
Seeds Scraped from 1 Vanilla Bean
1 Tbl. Cinnamon
1 C of Ice

I began by making a thick pumpkin seed milk. Using the cup of pumpkin seeds and three cups of water blended in a high-speed very well.
Added in the rest of the ingredients. Blended again. This made enough for two large glasses.
I drank down the whole thing around 2:00 and remained totally full and satisfied for the rest of the day. Ahhh!


This evening I performed my kind of triathlon too. I went on a beautiful kayak with my little girl. It was a bit windy and that provided a great arm and shoulder workout trying to bring the boat in against the wind. After that I went for a run and found some lovely lambsquaters along the way. I grabbed those for tomorrow's smoothie. When I returned from the run I cooled down with some meditation yoga.
Namaste! I'm ready for Day 7, bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment