Wednesday, April 18, 2012

30-Day Challenge Day 5 Feasting With Friends

I am feeling such immense gratitude for the amazing friends I have in my life. Today my girls and I visited my dearest friend, Dayna, who happens to also be a raw food chef (http://www.rawenvy.blogspot.com/). Two other wonderful friends were there and we shared a raw feast. I brought along a beautiful salad and found no trouble sticking to that and some yummy fruit salad. I had been a little nervous about visiting with friends while on a lighter raw cleanse, but my fears were overcome and day five was a success! Dayna had made an amazing looking raw cheesecake and I was happy to enjoy the beauty and smell of it knowing that she'll make me another one next month!


Day 5 Juice
1 Large Beet with Greens
3 Carrots
1 Bunch Kale
1 Apple
1" Piece Ginger
2 Lemons Peeled










Smoothie for the car ride:
Water of 1 Young Coconut
1 Banana
1 Orange
2 Tbl. Chia Seeds
1 C Dandy Greens



Salad Dressing
1 Papaya
1 Small Onion
1 Clove Garlic
1" Piece of Ginger
Juice of 1 Lemon
1/4 C Hemp Seeds
1 C Water

Here's the salad I shared:



Thank you Dayna, Kim, and Jen for the good food, inspiring conversations, and supportive freindship!

1 comment:

  1. Christina, Thank you for coming over and for sharing your yummy salad and delicious dressing! I applaud you for the 30-day challenge! I loved that you could appreciate the cheesecake without eating it. <3 Love you girl!
    ~Peace & Love, Dayna

    ReplyDelete